Blog Archive

Saturday, August 16, 2014



 I have been using my soft felt flowers for years in photo props and hair bows. When I started thinking about a unique wedding bouquet, I toyed around with the idea of using my felt flowers.

The very first bouquet I made has become the most popular! I call it my "Cheesecake flower bouquet".

 I am very happy with this bouquet. It really represents the traditional white wedding color. The off white "cheescake" color is what gives this bouquet its rustic look. I wrapped the stem in rustic burlap and added a printed personalized piece of fabric. I felt that a bride should be able to have a little piece of her heart with her on her special day. This country wedding bouquet can be personalized with 10 words. My imagination has taken me away with possibilities for this. A bride could add her and her fiance's favorite song quote, something that represents the moment they KNEW they would be together forever, the name of a loved one that are unable to be there on the special day, the typical names and dates, and even a special saying that is unique only to the couple.

This rustic country burlap wedding bouquet needed something extra special to it. After I added the sparkly gems to the flower centers I was satisfied! Every bride needs a little sparkle to her life.

What I love most about my fabric wedding bouquets is that they last forever. I have many samples around my house just sitting in mason jars and unique vases. I love the way they look with my decor.  There are tons of different ways to use these bouquets after the big day!

Another great thing about my bouquets is that they will not attract bees! I have taken many many MANY wedding photos and the bees are the absolute worse! I was once stung right on top of my foot in the middle of the busiest part of the day. I limped and winced my way to the wedding reception as my foot throbbed and ached in pain. And also, as a photographer, I loved using the unique wedding bouquets for many different shots. Having a fabric bouquet would have been a dream! What a wonderful thing to be able to take bouquet shots without worrying about bees and insects.

The wilting of real flowers was always a pain too. The bridal party would have to keep their bouquets in bowls and glasses of cold water in between wedding details. This made it extremely difficult for me, as a photographer. The water would leak all over the dresses as the wedding party stood still for shots. I always had a sopping wet rag around my neck to mop up the water. What a pain!

So I hope I have convinced you to look around at the fabric bouquet world and give it a try. I know I would if I was a bride again. :)

I absolutely love making these bouquets and flowers. I have always had special requests so I can do just about anything!
































No comments:

Post a Comment