Blog Archive

Saturday, January 25, 2014

HOW MUCH ARE YOUR NEWBORN SESSIONS?


I have gotten the question a million times, "How much are your newborn sessions?". Instead of making everyone guess and call me with the question, (you can still call and ask, I won't complain :) I decided to put it up plain and clear.



My prices have stayed the same for a long while now so this price will be effective unless I would announce otherwise. For a typical newborn session, the price is $299. This includes 2-3 hours of photo taking. Trust me, it's a newborn, we're going to need it. This DOES NOT include pictures with the newborn and his siblings. If you would like family photos, that is an entirely different session and will be charged accordingly.

I have a general "To Do" list for new mothers. I have found that if she looks at the list before giving birth, she is more prepared for the actual day of picture taking. A relaxed and calm mother is a really good thing!

  • HAVE HELP If Daddy is there that is a major plus. Sometimes a Grandma or Aunt is a nice addition as well. Someone that would love to help hold the infant, retrieve blankets, answer the phone and any other interruptions. A person to bring snacks or help keep mother calm and relaxed.
  • No other kids allowed Please. This is for so many reasons. I love kids a lot, don't get me wrong. But, Little Johnny wanted to play monster truck on Newborn Jack's face while he pees all over Mommy isn't exactly a calm environment lol.  Other little ones also tend to make sudden loud noises that disturb and startle baby. If you must have your other little ones present, please have another adult to entertain and care for them as well.
  • It will take the 2-3 HOURS. Please understand that babies poop, pee, burp, fart and need fed constantly. I will not be upset or offended if any of this happens! lol Babies are so fresh and new that they need changed and fed a lot. In fact, after a feeding is the BEST time to snap their best shot. Allow your schedule that time slot as mentioned and don't worry if it seems that it's taking a long time. I have had babies pose perfectly from the moment I showed up, and I'm all packed up in 30 minutes. That RARELY happens. Most of the time I change out 5 blankets for pee episodes, my shirt 2 times, sit through 5 feedings and finally get my good shots near the end. THIS IS NORMAL. I am patient, don't worry :)
  • Mother should make herself comfortable. I prefer getting a few shots with Mom and Dad so be prepared. Plain shirts work best. I usually go for a soft matching color or plain white. Black is fine too but it may bring out the "tired" look a little more. Don't stress about your body, if you're uncomfortable with it, I mostly do close ups with the baby anyways.

  • You don't need anything unless you prefer it. I always bring all of my own props, blankets, lighting and clean up material. Don't worry about anything at all. If you have a special outfit or two that's perfectly ok. Please minimize it to those few though. Newborns typically do not like to participate for more than a few outfit changes.
  • Please book your session during pregnancy. If you are going naturally, try to book your session a week after your due date. THE BEST NEWBORN SHOTS are before 2 weeks of age. If you do not deliver near your due date, or if you deliver early, simply call me and we'll adjust, no problems. The point of booking is to make sure I have an opening for you and your little one. I always take into account the "baking time" that varies with each new baby.


  • UPON BOOKING I REQUIRE A $50.00 DEPOSIT. This deposit is put towards your final pricing. If you cancel, the deposit is non-refundable.
  • I will travel to your home. In fact, I prefer to do this. The mother is more relaxed and comfortable, which means baby is too.
  • I will conduct photo sessions in the hospital too. You are responsible with clearing this with your nurse or practitioner prior. It usually is not a problem at all. I have one bag of equipment with me and am very subtle in my work. If the baby has any medical concerns, however, it may be best to wait until the baby is cleared to come home first.


Phew! I think that covers everything! If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask at anytime. Call me, contact me, whatever. I love working with newborns, it's my favorite!
 



I'll leave you with my very first newborn session. My little bitty Joey. Ahhh so many years ago.... So squishy back then!!



No comments:

Post a Comment