Blog Archive

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Baby Boy

"Hey, so your mom is a photographer right?"...."So how come there aren't any pictures of you?".....

That phrase HAUNTS ME lol. I have been actively trying to take cute pictures of my kids lately.  A few photographers I know rarely have any pictures of their kids either. My conclusion to this is your own children, wether you are coaching their soccer team (tried that this year), giving out directions during a birthday party, taking their pictures or simply giving out nuggets or PURE GOLD, think and will always think you are super LAME.  To deal with your tremendous and sickening amount of uncoolness, they must fuss and whine, protest and bark at you with every ounce of their teeny tiny bodies.  Solid patience will help but ultimately the thought of a photo session with your own toddler or tween makes one cringe lol.

I have found that if we do something super fun and then I sneak in my camera during this activity, it's not so bad.  Sometimes I'll even ask their opinion for positions or props so they feel included (even if I totally ignore their suggestions :/) But who am I kidding really, candy and ice cream works everytime!

Joey was feeling extra cute today and I decided to take him outside for a few shots.  The planets were aligned and we were able to squeeze in a super quick disgustingly adorable shoot in 10 minutes!!! I'm squealing over here with delight, I FINALLY have my wall photo for him!

I thought I would throw in a few with different angles. How cool is this old camera I found??!!



He's totally getting cookies tonight for this one. I mean, what toddler poses this way without command?

No comments:

Post a Comment