Blog Archive

Saturday, April 11, 2015

I am officially addicted to making bridal bouquets. Country rustic bridal bouquets to be exact. I have the country theme running through my blood and I cannot shake it. Last night I had a birthday party for my oldest son. He loves everything flavored orange so my daughter and I made him creamsicle cupcakes. BOY were they delicious! And this is coming from a girl that is not the greatest cook in the universe. I try but time is never on my side. This time I went with the quick route and it actually worked. In case you are wondering my secret to these cupcakes......all I did was add a small packet of orange Jello to a large tub of Cool Whip. Mix it up, pipe it out and viola! Done deal. Delicious, light and not too sugary. Yummmm....


This brings me to this morning's creation. I could not get those cupcakes out of my brain. In fact, I had three of them for breakfast. (Shhhhh don't tell)  They were so delicious I could not resist. When I sat down to create a new bouquet, it had to be Creamsicle. I love how it turned out. The perfect blend of orange and cream. Now, this bouquet is actually made from my Pumpkin flowers and my mini Cheesecake flowers. All tied together with the ruffled burlap stem. I can envision this bridal bouquet at a fall wedding. How neat would it be to be paired with camo bridesmaid dresses??! So cute. Or even just cream dresses with orange accents. The possibilities are endless. The wedding must have creamsicle cake though ;)




Once I got creating I could not stop. Here are some of my other creations from this morning. I made a coral and dusted charcoal bouquet too. For some reason, these are my most popular colors right now. Coral and grey. Who would have thought?? When I look at these colors I always think of the warm beach and seashells. I don't know why but I do! The dusted charcoal reminds me of the worn out boards on the boardwalk. The coral reminds me of star fish and seashells found in the ocean. Isn't this coral and grey bouquet just darling?! Squeal! I just think it is so sweet.



Last but not least, this morning I created a dusted lilac and coral wedding bouquet. The simple coral and purple bridal bouquet blend. I kept the rustic burlap stem for country rustic feel. This bouquet reminds me of spring. We all just love spring don't we? Finally we get to experience some much awaited sunshine and warmth. No more snow please and thank you. This bouquet is so sweet and simple and closer to a shabby chic and cottage feel. Instead of placing the flowers all over, I decided to arrange them in a row pattern. I feel this gives the bouquet a much smoother feel to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment