Blog Archive

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Fair

The FAIR!!!!

I don't know about everyone else but the coming of the Fair makes me extremely excited. It's something about the cool crisp air, the rides, all of the fantastic colors, the fatty fatty (yet delicious) food, and who can forget the animals?!  I share this experience with my kids every single year. I have gone ginormously pregnant and miserable and also nursing a newborn in tow.  You cannot try to stop me from the fair.

This year we went to the Cambria County Fair in Ebensburg Pa.  It's right down the road from us.  I picked up the kids early from school (shhhhh they were supposed to have a doctor's appointment) and headed straight there. Parking was super easy and getting in was not crowded at all.  We checked out every single thing we could and then went at it.

Joey is being modest in this picture. He was squealing like a little girl when he saw this truck. It was as big as a HOUSE! My little truck boy.  When I pulled out my camera all of the sudden he totally played the "it's not THAT cool" card on me. Yeah right Joey, we all know you love it.

Waiting patiently to get in the gate. They would have shoved right through the gate if they were allowed (thank you awesome Carnival worker).  This has to be the coolest ride ever. A giant SLIDE???? Yes please.
Austin is so big and tough........until he's on a gigantic slide hahaha! His face completely explains the high pitched scream on that last dip.  Notice the worker's face at the top. I think she thoroughly enjoyed shoving him down lol.
Stop squishing the balloon!!! Kids and their balloons! Josiah is so destructive, the first thing he thinks of when  he gets one of these things is to squish it UNTIL it pops. Most kids hate when they pop, he, on the other hand, finds a way to MAKE them pop. OH, and he smiles about it. lol
Sweet loving. Apple Dumpling in milk.  Can it get better??? This is my sole purpose for going to the Fair.  Of course if I hadn't wasted all of my money on the kids, it would've been a Blackberry Cobbler with melted ice cream instead....... Blasted dollar!  I knew I shouldn't have gotten them that big bowl of fries.


Jaden's reaction to....

THIS guy.  Well done. Welll done.

My boy is always amazed looking at a beautiful woman.  I can only imagine how impressed he was that she was also flying through the air as well.



My boys are amazing. I sent them up for free balloons.  Austin very specifically asked for a sword and a helmet.  Jaden was next and asked for the same. Makayla, of course wanted a PINK version of the same.  They should've gotten paid for advertising because next thing you know, the kids behind them got the same thing.  Moments later we are walking through the food and I hear a mom say, "ok ok, we'll find where the balloons are and get you a sword too hunny".  I kid you not, they started a trend.  Everywhere we went, inflatable swords followed.




Annnnd it's done.  The beautiful night scape of the fair.  At this point I was sore, everyone was worn out and we were all sooo happy we came.  Until next year. (Although I may pay the money and run up again just to get that BLACKBERRY COBBLER)

No comments:

Post a Comment